A wine made from a different variety, Graciano, with rounder leaves and intense green, small berries and blackish color. Vines with multiple small clusters that entertain the harvest. Grapes that need more days to ripen.
It is the wine of intense violets, with a complex nose and powerful flavor.
But it has a secret, it is only made in years when the grapes are fully ripe. Assembled with 15% Tempranillo, it is then aged in French oak barrels, and finally spends many months in bottle where it will soften its tannins and power.
- GRAPE VARIETIES: Graciano 85%, Tempranillo 15%.
- AGE OF VINES: 45 years old.
- ALCOHOL: 14% Vol.
- HARVESTING: Selected manual harvest.z
- VINIFICATION: Destemming without crushing with daily pumping over during 18 days of vatting. Delestage. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel cylindrical-conical tank of 18,000Kg capacity and controlled temperature. Malolactic fermentation in oak barrels on its lees with daily batonage.
- AGEING: 18 months in French oak barrel.
- WINEMAKER’S COMMENT: A wine that displays a complex and intense aromatic range in which notes of spices, milk and ripe black fruit stand out. On the palate it is powerful, full-bodied and well-structured, with firm tannins that give it good structure. It is a tasty and carefree wine.
- CLOSURE: 24x49mm natural cork.
- RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18ºC. Decant before drinking.